Why you want to work here:
A unique opportunity for hands-on experience in payroll processing, cash disbursements, and accepted accounting practices for an entry level position.
About the Company:
Our client is a medium size construction company with a great reputation in the concrete construction field close to the DC Metro area.
- On the job training with potential growth
- Positive and friendly peers
- Good work/life balance
- Team oriented environment
- Diverse and inclusive workplace that celebrates individuals
- Challenging and adaptive setting that encourages problem solving
- Responsible for processing payroll and employee payroll timecards as well as cash disbursements in a timely manner.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with accepted accounting practices.
- Overall administration of the vendor invoice payment activities, including but not limited to reconcile delivery tickets/receipts to invoices, enter invoices for payment and process check requests.
- Resolve invoice discrepancies; correspond with vendors and respond to any queries.
- Mail payments to vendors, filing, and communicate with vendors concerning payment questions and problems.
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Collect and maintain employee files
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Report to management timely and thoroughly
- Submit monthly reports and assist with month-end closing. Provide supporting documentation for audits.
- Administrative duties as assigned. Answering telephones, greeting visitors and referring messages.
Skills & Abilities:
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills.
- Attention to details and thoroughness
- Analytical skills and math skills
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Teamwork oriented, well organized and efficient
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word and Outlook
Education / Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree or related experience
- Experience with accounting is nice to have, but not required.
- Must be Bilingual / Spanish
About the company:
We are a medium size construction company that has a great reputation in the concrete construction field is looking for someone to join their accounting team.
Bilingual Accounting Assistant
Bowie, MD / Upper Marlboro, MD
$40-45K + Benefits