$45-55k + Benefits
We are an award-winning, full-service accounting firm, specializing in Tax Preparation, CFO Consulting, and Bookkeeping services. Our CPA firm prides itself on its technological advantages and innovative company culture to provide better service to its clients and partners to help them grow their small businesses and reach their professional goals. Our growing team is looking for a cheerful, motivated, and enthusiastic Administrative Coordinator to join our firm.
You possess the understanding, social and organizational skills required to work effectively with a diverse range of client and staff needs. You have an obsessive attention to detail and enjoy being challenged, while constantly looking ahead and taking pride in a job well done. You are adept at making independent decisions and have the ability to exercise sound judgment while staying calm and maintaining a sense of humor in the most stressful of times.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Implement the Firm's policies and procedures accurately and constructively per directives of the firm administrator
- Packaging of prepared tax returns to send to clients in both emailed and paper formats
- Preparation and mailing of paper tax returns for client signature with all applicable attachments
- Assist with greeting clients and tends to their appointment/refreshment & document needs
- Provide excellent customer service to all potential/current clients and vendors
- Provide staff assistance as needed including assistance with answering the phones and client inquiries
- Collection of payments and client retainers
- Recognize, sort and scan sensitive documents to assist accountants in the preparation of income tax returns
- Retrieve client files from an online portal as needed
- Organization of files in document management software
- New client tax organizer intake and tracking
- Mail delivery of client documents and maintenance of mail tracking
- Manage office equipment and request for services as needed
- Utilization of several compatible applications and software programs including Pro-Series tax software, QuickBooks, CRM software, Adobe Acrobat, online password managers and Microsoft Office suite
- Assist with mass mailing campaigns as requested
- Assist with off-site special events
- $45,000 - $55,000 Per year Full time salary (depending on experience) – 40 hours per week with extra hours required during tax season
- 3 weeks paid leave time
- Remote work available after probationary period
- Discretionary annual bonus and growth driven after-tax season bonus
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k with employer contribution
- Annual retreat, holiday, birthday & after tax-season parties
- Associates degree and/or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of experience in an accounting, medical, law or financial advisor’s office; tax preparation is a plus
- 1-5+ years of experience in customer/client services which must have included answering client calls, fielding client questions and inquiries
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills, attention to details and deadlines, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to work effectively with a diverse group of co-workers and external clients.
- Positive attitude and self-motivation; flexibility and ability to recognize when extra time is required to complete a project and be willing to work overtime when needed.
- Capable of multi-tasking and handling crises in a professional and effective manner and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Technologically savvy; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products and task management programs.
- High performing individual with a great attitude and a “get-it-done” mentality
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
- Ability to interact well with colleagues, managers, and all external contacts
- Ability to accept constructive criticism with grace and not make the same mistakes repetitively
- Ability to perform multiple, detail-oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Ability to multi-task and be self-directed in a fast paced, growing, evolving, result oriented environment
- An understanding of basic math/accounting concepts
- Excellent computer skills, internet functionality and other related computer applications, telephones and smartphones
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Online and prior accounting knowledge a plus
- Excellent grammar skills
- Must have transportation and driver’s license