Why You Want To Work Here:
We are the leading nonprofit working with specific financial institutions. Our mission is to provide our members and their industry the absolute best in federal advocacy, education, and compliance assistance. Our team members are passionate about growth, innovation, and collaboration. We are constantly striving to improve and better ourselves so we can better support our members. If you have a growth mindset and enjoy challenging work, you are probably a great fit for our team!
Responsibilities of the Communications Specialist:
- Manages communications vendors, particularly the photographers who cover our events and conferences
- Cover in-house events
- Write, edit and proof various communications materials – news stories, headlines, web content, press releases, magazine column
- Handle the organization’s magazine mailing, distribution, and sourcing, as well as the editorial calendar
- Monitors social medal channels and compile daily press clips
- Field media inquiries to staff members
- Manage large conference calls, and other duties that ensure the smooth operations of the Communications department
- Occasionally copyedit and proofread web content
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements of the Communications Specialist:
- 0-1 years of communication experience is desired. New or recent college graduates who have internship experience will be considered
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or English preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and ability to work well under tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Photography skills desired
- Proficient in MS Office, especially Word, Outlook; familiarity with web processes, social media, iMIS, Canva, InDesign, and public relations software such as Meltwater or MuckRack, a plus
- Great positive attitude, work ethic, and the ability to show tremendous initiative; strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong editing, grammar and proof reading skills; good listener and ability to accept constructive feedback
- Must be able to handle a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
Arlington, VA (Clarendon Metro)
$48-50k + Excellent Benefits