Why You Want to Work Here:
You will have the chance to work directly under the Vice President of Operations and oversee all aspects of our company development. We’re looking for someone who is creative, strategic, detail-oriented and a team player. Your voice will be heard, and you’ll greatly impact our growth! If you have strong writing skills and thrive in a small team environment, this is the job for you!
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Paid time off
- Sick days
- Cell phone allowance
- Federal holidays off
- Room for growth and development
- Small, close knit team
- Cross department collaboration
- Open door policy and more!
Duties and Responsibilities of Content Writer:
- Responsible for the delivery of company content, on-time, in the proper format, according to contractual requirements.
- Build, manage, and execute the contend marketing calendar.
- Ideate, compose, edit, produce, and curate outstanding content for multi-channel use (web, email, social, events, etc.)
- Ensure all content marketing is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels including online, social media, email, point of purchase, mobile, video, print, and in-person
- Develop standards, systems, and best practices (both human and technological) for content, creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies
- Collaborate and coordinate with internal and external stakeholder groups, including trade associations and industry organizations, on marketing content development and execution.
- Assist in managing SME writers, editors, and content contributors; be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
- Leverage market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers.
- Establish the work flow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required for Content Writer:
- 1-2 years of journalism, editorial, marketing or publishing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or marketing
- A high-level of drive, discipline, creativity, professionalism and motivation
- Experience understanding how to tell a story using words, images, or audio
- Skill at both long-form content creation and real-time (immediate) content creation
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced, change-oriented team environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively and respectfully with all stakeholders and marketing team members.
- Strong organizational, planning, negotiation, budgeting, and decision-making skills.
- Capable of juggling multiple tasks and meeting tight deadlines.
- Desired - Experience with social media platforms, WordPress, or other Content Management Software, and SEO best practices preferred.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, Adobe Creative Suite, HTML a plus).
$16-19/hr + Benefits (Salary Opportunity!)