Why you want to work here:
This Nonprofit Organization is in the higher education community offers career growth and advancement opportunities in a friendly environment while learning the basics of a public service organization. The Customer Service Representative position is primarily responsible for providing prompt, accurate, and courteous responses to questions from customers via telephone, fax, mail, email, and web. This is a great opportunity to get a foot-in-the-door and gain experience with a stable organization that prides itself on valuing its employees.
Currently working in a remote environment with a well-thought-out training program to make starting virtually a smooth transition
Flexible dress code
Original health and wellness offerings
Team-oriented work environment
Tight knit, family friendly
When in office, work in a start-of-the-art office environment with collaborative workspaces & company events
- Answer all incoming telephone calls and email inquiries.
- Provide 1st tier technical troubleshooting support to customers experiencing application and/or browser compatibility issues.
- Utilize multiple databases simultaneously to review and resolve inquiries related to the applicable service.
- Clearly document all customer conversations in call tracking system.
- Coordinate responses with the appropriate personnel if customer requires an escalated level of support.
- Contact entities as related to incoming calls and emails for follow up and resolution, as appropriate.
- Process incoming mail and faxes, as needed.
- Willingness to learn and commit to company-specific philosophies and principles.
- Some college, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, including through military service will be considered.
- Competency with computer skills (e.g., for database, web applications, and email).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with an emphasis on proper grammar, etiquette, and vocal qualities such as tone, inflection, and enunciation.
- Must live within a commutable distance to Herndon, Virginia.
- Bilingual (Spanish).
- Experience corresponding to clients and customers over the phone.
- Experience with the student loan industry, higher education industry, and/or web order management preferred.
- Experience working with Microsoft Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively on teams.
- Demonstrated ability to remain poised under pressure.