You will work directly under our Records Management Supervisor and assist in managing and updating our internal database. We are looking for a highly organized, detail-oriented team player who can assist with filling, data entry, mail management and more! Your work will help us as we continue to interact with technical professionals, law enforcement, civil parties and more. This is an awesome opportunity for anyone who is interested in the criminal justice or the legal field and seeking an entry-level career with room for growth!
Responsibilities of Legal Compliance Assistant:
- Manages queue of case work to ensure Service Level Agreements are met.
- Consults directly with law enforcement, attorneys, and client subscribers in conjunction with legal process.
- Responds to life/death emergency calls from authorized government agencies nationwide.
- Reviews criminal and civil legal requests for validity and provide accurate and detailed responses according to State and Federal Code as well as client guidelines.
- Participates in requirements documentation and User Acceptance Testing
- Interacts with and provides guidance to both customers and requesting parties in association with record production responses and retention.
- Supports lawfully authorized electronic surveillance team with historical records requests.
- Documents actions taken with regards to each individual lawful request received and processed.
- Conducts review of noted citations in legal process for validity and periodically provides the team with summarized updates as needed.
- Access customer databases
- Identify and obtain the required data and enter this data into our internal records production system
- Ensure that data is entered into our system accurately and in a timely fashion
- Properly assemble the necessary documents, addressing the mailings and affixing proper postage to ensure the document is validly sent
Qualifications for Legal Compliance Assistant:
- College degree is required. Paralegal certification is preferred.
- Previous experience in data entry or detail-oriented position where data is involved or being transferred is preferred
- Previous experience reviewing legal documents a plus (contracts, warrants, subpoenas etc. )
- Previous experience in a legal compliance role or telecommunications network solutions role a plus.
- Individual must be a U.S. Citizen and subject to a background check and drug screening.
- Ability to work under pressure and in stressful situations.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Company Holidays
- Wellness Program
- Educational and Tuition Assistance Programs
- Short Term / Long Term Disability coverage
- Room for Growth
- Relaxed and Open Work Environment