Business Operations & Management
Contract to Perm
Gaithersburg, MD (Hybrid)
Full-time ($50-60K DOE)
Why You Want To Work Here:
Are you an experienced membership professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment? Are you intrigued by an opportunity to help leverage new technology and database systems to modernize membership processing in a 40,000-member association? Do you have a personal interest in conservation and protecting the environment? If you do, then this position is for you!
You will put your database skills right to work as we modernize and expand the capability of our core membership system. Manage the full suite of membership functions daily supporting our members and more than 200 community-based chapters nationwide. You will also play a critical role in ensuring we maximize revenue to advance our conservation mission.
Responsibilities of the Membership Manager:
- Managing Membership Processing
- Manage membership processing, including timely data entry of membership transactions.
- Coordinate the annual chapter member billing process, including oversight of the in-house production of first, second and third billings; printing renewal notices; organizing renewal packages by chapter; and shipping packages to chapters.
- In advance of the billing, engage chapters and divisions to ensure dues rates are updated and a valid membership officer is listed for each chapter prior to printing renewal notices.
- Reconcile chapter tally sheets and payments to accurately balance payments prior to updating membership records and report any financial discrepancies to the chapters.
- Prepare and balance the monthly division refunds and provide relevant information to the Accounting department.
- Research/resolve the majority of membership-related questions received from chapters and individual members whether received by phone, email, mail or in-person.
- Fulfill requests for membership supplies and materials by mail, email or verbally.
- Database Management and Administration
- Use the database to enter information such as memberships, contact details and officer information.
- Extract data for reports and assist the Director of Member Programs in analysis of database information.
- Alert the Director of Member Programs to any potential problems with database functions.
- Prepare regular reports regarding membership, payments from chapters/members, membership details and other special reports or output as requested (magazine mailing files, as an example).
- Organizational Support in General
- Serve as back-up for donation data entry at high-volume time periods.
- Provide direct support to the Director of Member Programs on a variety of tasks as required.
- Work with Chapter Relations on the annual officer reporting process.
- Train/supervise temporary employees/volunteers assisting with membership operations.
- Attend the annual national convention and directly support registration, sales and any other convention related tasks commonly performed by on-site staff.
Requirements of the Membership Manager:
- Associate’s degree and minimum of three to four years of prior training in, knowledge of and experience with membership/customer service operations is required.
- Demonstrated experience working in membership/customer service operations and with the financial/quality controls necessary to accurately reconcile member records and payments.
- Experience utilizing membership database(s) to enter, extract and analyze membership, financial and other information.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft suite of programs, merge-printing and basic operations of common business machines.
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently to complete tasks.
- Proven skills in basic math and accounting relative to membership dues and payment processing.
- Excellent problem-solving and time management skills, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Health, Dental, Vision Coverage
- PTO, Sick Leave, Off on All Federal Holidays
- Short/Long Term Disability
ROCS Grad Staffing serves these cities and more:
Great Falls, VA
Falls Church, VA
Crystal City, VA
National Landing, VA
Silver Spring, MD