Why you want to work here:
One of the leading accounting and business advisory firms in the Charlotte, NC Metro area, providing high quality accounting, tax and advisory services with a personal touch to a wide range of business and individual clients. Recognized as a "Best of the Best" accounting firm by Inside Public Accounting.
Employer of Choice in Charlotte that emphasizes a balanced life, meaningful work, continuous professional and personal development, and the obligation to positively impact the community.
A personalized work environment with minimal out-of-town travel and exposure to multiple facets of our growing client base.
Job Responsibilities for Senior Tax Associate:
- Prepare and review federal corporate (C and S) and multi-state tax returns, and partnership returns
- Prepare and review basic and intermediate individual tax returns
- Prepare to adjust journal entries for tax purposes.
- Respond to tax notices
- Prepare tax technical memorandums and correspondence
- Create tax depreciation schedules including proper classification of assets
- Research complex tax issues using internal revenue code, treasury regulations and other relevant authorities/guidance
- Participate in client meetings and serve as the Engagement Lead on specific client accounts, taking responsibility for pre-engagement planning, execution, and final deliverable development.
- Participate in the tax planning process, including preparing tax projections.
- Supervise, train, and mentor associates and interns on tax process and assess the performance of staff for engagement reviews; perform in-charge role as needed
- Review compliance and other work performed by associates and assist in their career development
- Perform other duties as needed on engagements and as assigned by supervisory personnel
- Attend professional development and training sessions on a regular basis.
Job Qualifications for Senior Tax Associate:
- 1-3 years of tax preparation or reviewing experience in a public accounting or professional services firm is required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with 150 hours. Master’s in accounting preferred.
- CPA license in good standing is preferred.
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to function well in a team setting and interact with professionals at all levels
- Superior client service focus.
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Integrity, dependability, and trustworthiness.
- Ability to succinctly communicate and document procedures performed.
- Ability to supervise other staff while maintaining multiple client engagements and competing priorities.
- Strong leadership, training and mentoring skills
- Strong computer skills with general office use software and an ability to adapt to new software applications.
Perks and Benefits:
- Able to work moderate overtime throughout the year with heavier overtime required during certain business cycles.
- Hybrid work environment with varying degree of WFH based on experience
- The defining core values are leading a balanced life and striving for excellence in everything we do, lead by example, integrity, being an employer of choice, being visible and active in the community and providing extraordinary client service.
Senior Tax Associate