Company and Job Overview:
Our client is a Nonprofit Organization whose mission and philosophy is to provide financial support for Military families in need of child care assistance.
You will provide remote support for DoD/Military Child Care programs and be responsible for processing child care subsidy applications and maintaining relationships with military personnel, parents, and child care providers.
Why You Want to Work Here:
This is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience within the nonprofit sector. In addition to learning and growing professionally, you will be able to personally help military families around the world and have an impact on access to quality child care.
Position Duties and Responsibilities Support Desk Specialist / Customer Service:
- Support coverage for 24/7 help desk operations shift will be 9AM to 6PM
- Assist families and programs with technical assistance and technical support through the hotline and email service
- Follow operating procedures and policies
- Adhere to data entry procedures and accuracy requirements
- Ensure exceptional customer service is provided to families and programs and that all customer contacts are positive interactions
- Be aware of required response times for tickets through the Help Desk Ticketing System
- Become proficient with Remote Assistance/Screen Sharing to assist families as needed
- Offer families and programs surveys as required to evaluate and support quality improvement
- Assist with preparation of required reports as needed
- Maintain respectful, professional working relationships with co-workers and with customers
- Maintain high-ethical standards including maintaining strict confidentiality
- Participate in a team-oriented work environment
- Assist with special projects and other functions as needed to accomplish the organization's mission and objectives
Job Qualifications Support Desk Specialist / Customer Service:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Services, or related field, and at least one year of experience in program administration or direct service to clients
- Must live a commutable distance from Arlington, VA.
- Excellent time management skills (will be working remotely after 3 month training).
- Good communication skills (oral, written, and listening).
- Proven experience providing customer service to diverse populations
- Conflict resolution experience is a plus
- Experience with case management and multi-tasking
- Experience with call center environment
- Knowledge of database management and record keeping procedures
Additional Favorable Skills:
- Fluency in either Spanish and/or Japanese
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge, creating and using pivot tables, etc.
Support Desk Specialist / Customer Service