Why You Want To Work Here:
We’re a professional membership association that promotes the advancement and professional development of our members in the medical field. In this position you will be an engaged member of a growing data team. The role is primarily responsible for day-to-day operations of the survey and data center, whose staff closely support survey committee-driven recurring research surveys as well as non-survey committee data-gathering projects.
Responsibilities of the Surveys and Data Manager:
- As assigned, coordinate research survey projects for volunteer committees and other member groups, from initiation to completion. Includes planning survey question revision processes, developing study protocols for institutional review board (IRB) exemption determinations, web survey programming, pilot testing, fielding, and summary results reporting
- Manage multiple oversight committees responsible for survey development and production of scholarly works based on survey results
- Review survey fielding support requests from volunteer member groups and advise the Assistant Director about how/whether to proceed
- Process and renew licenses to access third-party datasets; renew service agreements with vendors such as private IRB services (as assigned)
- Respond to member inquiries about findings from research surveys and other data maintained by the survey and data center
- Collaborate with other department teams to assist in developing and fielding non-research data collection efforts such as member needs surveys or other “asynchronous” surveys
- Assist with identifying and implementing best practices for research (and other) survey data collection and dissemination of results, to raise the visibility of Survey and Data Center work products.
- Supervise the Surveys and Research Senior Specialist
Requirements of the Surveys and Data Manager:
- Three years of experience including survey question writing/development, data management, analysis, and reporting, and project and vendor management
- College Bachelor’s degree required
- Close familiarity and experience with nonprofit research (primarily through quantitative data collection)
- Strong research methods training in intermediate applied statistics (descriptive and limited inferential) for survey/survey-like data and survey instrument design for content validity, inclusive of web survey software programming and administration
- Skill in building and establishing relationships with member volunteers or clients, and the ability to facilitate project activities
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels of staff, committee members, and leadership
- Supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Organized, self-directed, self-motivated, detail- and deadline-oriented.
- Proven intermediate or advanced competency in use of commonly used statistical software packages and professional survey software suites (Stata and Qualtrics preferred, or SPSS and other packages such as RedCap or another commercial survey software suite).
Surveys and Data Manager
$90-95k + Excellent Benefits