Yard Administrative Assistant
Upper Marlboro, MD
Why you want to work here:
We are an exciting construction company that has a rich history of over 30 years in the business. We build multi-family, hotels, and other large structured buildings across the country. Gain awesome hands-on experience in the field and office.
You will be challenged and mentored among the top people in the industry
Yard Administrative Assistant Primary Responsibilities:
- Coordinate incoming orders, inventory, and shipping.
- Oversee the DOT requirements for our trucks, assuring that they will meet safety
requirements and that the drivers are staying within the guidelines for operation of the vehicle.
- Apply for permits as required to move equipment, tower crane and trucking
- Order parts as required for repairs
- Review, log and prepare yard order invoices for Yard Manager’s review
- Coordinate upcoming equipment, deliveries requirements with jobsites
- Responsible for the accuracy of all paperwork concerning any movement of yard items in/out of yard
- Set up maintenance, service logs and schedules
- Communicate the inventory of shop or yard supplies and equipment to the Yard Manager
- Maintain an accurate record of damages, including picture to Yard Manager
- May be required to perform other tasks as necessary that may include but are not limited to; cleaning, organizing, office tasks, perform inventory in the yard
Yard Administrative Assistant Minimum Qualifications
- Required proficiency in using the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel).
- Must be Spanish Bilingual
- Ability to learn new software applications. And ability to find information online.
- Must be willing to work outside in the yard to perform some minimal tasks
- Excellent communication skills – interpersonal, written, verbal and presentation.
About the company:
We are a medium size construction company that has a great reputation in the concrete construction field is looking for someone to join their accounting team.
Recruiting Keywords: Construction, Office Assistant, Shipping, Logistics, Facility