Why you want to work here:
We are a local non-profit addressing the community’s challenge through direct services that uplift people, as well as engaging in advocacy to create real systems change. Over the course of our long history, we have built strong partnerships with local and federal government agencies, other nonprofit organizations, and a wide range of community groups to provide the best support and services for our clients.
This is a dynamic position working with homeless men that requires an individual with housing first and trauma informed care knowledge. Skilled worker in motivational interviewing and ability to meet clients where they are and move them quickly into permanent housing.
Responsibilities for Case Manager:
- Maintains an active caseload of clients who need intensive case management.
- Assesses clients’ needs and appropriate services and assists in implementing service plans. Assists clients with moving on to permanent housing by providing targeted case management services and utilizing the 30-60-90 Day Plan.
- Provides a wide variety of client services such as: counseling; providing referrals and resources; providing life skills training to clients such as managing a budget, diet, health maintenance, and legal issues; assists with applying for entitlement benefits, procuring identification materials; and (if needed) providing referrals to community health services, psychiatric services, vocational, educational, and chemical dependence treatment programs, and to various housing options.
- Arranges transportation services for clients to scheduled medical and/or social services appointments.
- Coordinates prescribed medications for clients including arranging refills with pharmacy, addressing pharmacy coverage issues with insurance.
- Completes, and updates, when necessary, Acuity Scale and VI-SPDAT for psychosocial assessment and maintains all pertinent client paperwork. Also completes client data for reporting purposes including accurate and complete data in the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) - Service Point.
- Assesses clients in crisis and resolves conflicts. Develops interventions to resolve problematic behavior of clients.
- Works closely with the entire Case Management Team including the Program Director, Lead Case Manager, Housing Locator, Employment Specialist, and Operations Team to ensure effective operation of the program and facility and the integrated delivery of case management services.
- Maintains and reviews clients’ charts and files on a regular basis to monitor progress and assist with moving clients on to permanent housing.
- Meets with clients a minimum of once every week and documents these meetings (Case Notes) in HMIS.
- Attends and participates in the Case Managers’ meetings, monthly HBCAC staff meetings, and other in-house meetings as necessary.
- Acts as a representative of MCCH in collaboration with other service providers; attends meeting with other service providers throughout Montgomery County.
- Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with other service providers, including coordinating client service delivery with on-site providers of primary and behavioral health care.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications for Case Manager:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a human services field.
- Spanish language fluency preferred but not required.
- Hands-on experience in social and human services field dealing with diverse populations.
- Knowledge of principles, methods and procedures of case management, housing first, and trauma informed care.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures in handling addiction, mental illness, and Co-occurring diagnosed populations.
- Ability to negotiate and maintain positive relationships with co-workers and clients.
$50K + Benefits