This Nonprofit Organization is in the higher education community offers career growth and advancement opportunities in a friendly environment while learning the basics of a public service organization. The Customer Service Representative position is primarily responsible for providing prompt, accurate, and courteous responses to questions from customers via telephone, fax, mail, email, and web. This is a great opportunity to get a foot-in-the-door and gain experience with a stable organization that prides itself on valuing its employees.
- Currently working in a remote environment with a well-thought-out training program to make starting virtually a smooth transition
- Flexible dress code
- Original health and wellness offerings
- Team-oriented work environment
- Tight knit, family friendly
- When in office, work in a start-of-the-art office environment with collaborative workspaces & company events
- Answer all incoming telephone calls and email inquiries.
- Provide 1st tier technical troubleshooting support to customers experiencing application and/or browser compatibility issues.
- Utilize multiple databases simultaneously to review and resolve inquiries related to the applicable service.
- Clearly document all customer conversations in call tracking system.
- Coordinate responses with the appropriate personnel if customer requires an escalated level of support.
- Contact entities as related to incoming calls and emails for follow up and resolution, as appropriate.
- Process incoming mail and faxes, as needed.
- Willingness to learn and commit to company-specific philosophies and principles.
- Some college and 1+ years of directly related experience in an industry with direct customer contact. An equivalent combination of education and experience, including through military service will also be considered.
- Competency with computer skills (e.g., for database, web applications, and email).
- Experience working with Microsoft Outlook.
- Experience with Adobe Reader including opening, printing, and saving PDFs.
- Knowledge of Internet browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on proper grammar, etiquette, active listening, and vocal qualities such as tone, inflection, and enunciation. Strong critical thinking and proven ability to adapt to changing priorities and procedures.
- Ability to work until 7:00 PM ET when scheduled.