Membership Administrative Specialist
Administrative, Office & Clerical
Why you want to work here:
Our mission is to promote the recognition of professional translators and interpreters, to facilitate communication among its members, to establish standards of competence and ethics, to provide its members with professional development opportunities, and to advocate on behalf of the profession
Job Overview for Membership Administrative Specialist:
This position will provide administrative assistance with membership recruitment and retention efforts, maintain membership information and support logistics and planning for the annual conference and other meetings and events
Responsibilities for Membership Administrative Specialist:
- Provide day to day administrative support to the Membership Growth and Development manager to include but not limited to:
- Processing membership applications ensuring thorough and accurate information.
- Running weekly membership reports and updating tracking documents
- Preparing membership onboarding/renewal materials
- Assist with operation of the Membership Growth and Development function, ensuring smooth and efficient workflow.
- Provide general membership administrative support
- Process all membership transactions including membership renewals, exam registration, conference registrations and more.
- Assist with member inquiries by email and phone, process requests using online payment system and manual processing.
- Answer general member questions, certification exam general questions.
- Assist members with webinar registration questions and member assistance with registration technical issues.
- Manage database updates, changes, duplications, and new entries using the association management system and MS Access database.
- Create and run membership and conference registration queries, exports, and reports.
- Manage membership approval process and eligibility verification.
- Assist with coordinating annual conference logistics planning.
- Work closely with the Accounting Administrative Specialist with invoicing and recording payments for exhibitors and sponsorships for the Annual Conference.
- Manage Annual Conference, pre and post inventory.
Qualifications for Membership Administrative Specialist:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years related work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate professionally and provide a high level of customer service.
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace, and other communications tools.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for Membership Administrative Specialist
- Knowledge of Association management systems, salesforce, or experience using a CRM system a plus.
- Flexibility to learn new programs.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with an emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail
- Highly dependable and reliable with regard to work schedule and ability to meet project deadlines
- Self-motivated; able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to travel 5%
ROCS Grad Staffing serves these cities and more:
Great Falls, VA
Falls Church, VA
Crystal City, VA
National Landing, VA
Silver Spring, MD