Why you want to work here:
We are a growing government contractor that has a great work-life balance. Awesome opportunity for someone who's looking to grow their career in the events management business.
The Conference Coordinator will be responsible for the successful coordination of all tasks associated with a variety of meetings/conferences with various government agencies through virtual and in-person. The meeting/conference range in size from 10-250 attendees and are typically held in government meeting facilities.
- Research area meeting facilities, conduct site surveys, negotiate contracts, if required, serve as facility liaison and manage all aspects of the facility arrangements, including attendee list, meeting room setup, food/beverage arrangements, audio-visual equipment;
- Research virtual meeting options and prepare virtual conference
- Coordinate attendee travel and lodging ensuring compliance with all applicable federal travel regulations and meeting contract requirements.
- Assist with the development and production of meeting materials, brochures, program books, flyers, signage, etc. ensuring that materials are completed on time and error-free
- Bachelors Degree in business, communications, or a related field and/or Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) certification.
- 3-5 years of experience in conference coordination and implementation.
- Knowledge of the requirements of the American with Disabilities Act
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and virtual meeting platforms
- Ability to create, format and modify documents, merge letters, labels, name badges, tent cards, etc.
- Excellent organization, time management, customer service, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and clients simultaneously and the ability to problem solve independently.
Bonus if you have experience in:
- Federal Government contracting experience.
- Basic knowledge of Federal Travel Regulations.
Falls Church, VA
$50-65K + Benefits