The Administrative Coordinator provides administrative support for the Board, Foundation, Events and other association programs. This position is also responsible for overall office management and maintenance. This person is highly motivated with a strong sense of ownership and brings order and efficiency in all areas to ensure effective and efficient operations.
Responsibilities of the Coordinator:
- Assist CEO with Board meeting preparation, including preparation of the Board books, the Board PowerPoint presentation, monitoring Board attendance & scheduling.
- Attend Board meetings as needed, be responsible for Board minutes at all Board meetings attended
- Other duties as requested
- Assist with preparation and planning for annual Foundation fundraising event
- Assist with various Foundation administrative tasks, including shipping, receiving of awards, preparation for the annual meeting and fundraiser in support of remote staff.
- Administration of Accredited Degree Program, including tracking program status and site visits (preparation, execution, and follow up)
Safety Programs & Awards:
- Ensure safety award payments are submitted prior to approving applications in our platform
- Follow up with safety award applicants on missing information
- Updating completion status for Safety Awards on open water, keeping track of applications.
- Update company records in IMIS with safety awards data
- Create safety award recipient list for website and magazine
- Send communication reminders to award participants
- Assist with OSHA 10-Hour Course (in-person and virtual) execution.
Awards of Excellence:
- Review Awards of Excellence materials as needed
- Enter Awards of Excellence information into iMIS after awards selection
- Provide other support for Awards of Excellence as needed
Certification and Recertification:
- Respond to phone calls/emails requesting help on how to become certified or earn CEUs.
- Process payments from lockbox/phone/CEU form
- Approve and enter CEU information in iMIS and update good through dates
- Create report for mail merge for certificates/wallet cards
- Print labels and materials, put package together and mail out.
- Provide other support for certification as needed.
- Monitor event inboxes and provide customer service to potential event attendees.
- Provide attendee and exhibitor registration assistance.
- Conduct housing and registration cross checks, if necessary.
- Conduct inventory of event materials and supplies.
- Coordinate and place orders with vendors for events.
- Assist with Board meeting activities, in addition to duties outlined under CEO Support
- Onsite execution of events, if necessary.
General & Administrative Responsibilities
- Support staff with shipping services; assist with large-scale mailings as needed
- Maintain and replenish all office and kitchen supplies
- Maintain office equipment and supplies, including postage machine and copiers
- Retrieve mail and distribute daily
- Log checks received in-house daily
- Maintain on-site storage log and schedule shredding as needed
- Order group lunches as needed.
Requirements of the Coordinator
- College graduate preferred but not mandatory
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong team player
- Flexible and able to switch between tasks frequently
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with iMIS and/or another client management databases a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
$50-52k + Excellent Benefits
Fairfax, VA (on-site)