We are a civil and structural engineering firm and over the years have evolved into a company that provides a broad range of engineering and technical services and products. We are a leading-edge technology company providing critical services and products for civil infrastructure, aerospace, and national security programs. We provide full-service design, integration, operation, test, and evaluation in diverse disciplines such as robotics, communications and control, satellite payload integration, and directed energy technologies. Our management and technical teams boast decades of experience in the aerospace and infrastructure industries.
Ensures company purchases represent the most favorable price consistent with quantity, quality, specification requirements, delivery, and reliability of the source. Analyze quotations received and select suppliers. Interviews prospective vendors. Supervises the preparation of purchase orders from requisitions.
- Locates qualified sources for materials, equipment, and services of a technical or specialized nature to support the needs or requirements of the requestor
- Responsible for locating or promoting possible new sources of supply
- Keeps abreast of market trends, changes in business practices in assigned markets, new or altered types of materials entering the market, etc.
- Purchases highly complex and technical items, materials, or services which may be specially designed; or may purchase modifications of standard and common usage items or materials including stipulations about unusual packaging, marking, shipping, etc.
- May purchase items that deviate from the usual or from past experience in terms of prices, quality of items, quantities, or that may set precedents for future purchases
- Interacts with retailers, wholesalers, and manufacturers, and distributors to maintain good vendor relationships
- Works closely with key personnel to develop and establish inventory and quality standards for material, components, and supply requirements
- May supervise or coordinate expediting personnel to ensure expedition of shipments from sources and subcontractors meet scheduled requirements of procurement contracts
- Performs other duties as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Requires a Bachelors's degree, preferably in English or Business Administration
- Experience with Deltek GCS Premier, IBM Cognos, and Promptu or ability to learn
- Experience with purchasing
- Vendor management
- Communication skills
- Confident working with numbers, and managing multiple tasks
$40-50k + Benefits