We are a small CPA firm located in Fairfax, VA and recently moved into a new office. We are looking to add a Tax Staff Accountant to our team to work directly with our Tax Services Manager to assist with a variety of tasks.
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Work From Home Flexibility
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Employee assistance for CPA Exam
- Room for Advancement
- Fridays off in the summer to compensate for tax season!
- Team Events
- New, Modern, Clean Office !
- On-site Fitness Center
- Free Parking
Primary responsibilities for Tax Staff Accountant include:
- Evaluating and organizing client information to prepare federal and state income tax returns.
- Assisting clients and team members with researching various tax and accounting matters, including tax planning strategies and tax law changes.
- Assisting team members with preparing tax planning calculations and reviewing tax planning strategies on behalf of clients.
- Preparing responses to IRS and state notices.
Qualifications for Tax Staff Accountant:
- Completed Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Availability to work on Saturdays during Tax Season from January-April, we have Fridays off during the summer to compensate!
- Have a valid CPA license or are actively working towards license
- At least one busy season of tax preparation experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have experience using Microsoft Excel
- Must have a positive attitude, willingness to learn
- Self-directed, diligent, and communicate well with others
- Process and detail oriented, works well with numbers and money
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Tech savvy and able to learn new software systems