- Interact with our customers primarily via telephone by providing the customer service required to generate and close sales.
- Meet or exceed the established sales and gross profit goals, and to increase profit sharing.
- Accurately process Sales Orders and Bids generated through telephone sales transactions.
- Assist customers who pick up their order at our Profit Center.
- Find innovative ways to grow sales with existing customers and become their trusted advisor.
- Generate sales leads that develop into new customers.
- Identify opportunities for value-added services and articulate our solutions.
- Investigate and resolve customer problems, address pricing deductions and material returns timely and in accordance with Company policy and procedure, follow up to ensure resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Support Counter and Outside Sales activities and all Profit Center activities as part of our Profit Center team.
- Communicate to the Profit Center Manager and Credit Manager any changes in a customer’s business that might cause a credit risk.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year experience in customer service or inside sales; contractor sales preferred
- Knowledge of products sold in the Profit Center
- Experience using Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel) to communicate via email, to maintain weekly sales plans, call reports, customer contact files, and to analyze customer data
Our ideal candidate will also:
- Possess outstanding customer service, telephone/verbal communication, and generous listening skills.
- Demonstrate product knowledge to answer customer questions and identify opportunities to upsell or cross sell.
- Build influential relationships and trust with customers and vendors through open and interactive communication.
- Be able to ask probing questions to understand customer needs, overcome objections by recommending profitable solutions, explain our value-added services, ask for the order and close the sale.
- Be able to build positive working relationships and inspire teamwork with co-workers.
- Be able to learn and operate the computer related systems used to process orders.
- Be able to learn to operate warehouse material-handling equipment.
- Be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The benefits of working with us:
Our culture is well-suited for exceptional people who use their talents to drive business and want to share in the financial success their efforts yield. In addition to a competitive starting wage, we offer a Profit-Sharing Program that provides each team member with an opportunity to earn a direct share of the profits on an annual basis. In addition to our generous compensation package,
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Retirement cash account with company contributions
- Life insurance
- Pre-tax accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
- Targeted training programs focused on your personal and professional growth